Friday, July 6, 2012

Daily devotional...

Well, I must admit that the end of the school year was so busy that I didn't think one thing about updating my blog. However, this summer, I feel like I've been marking things off my many to do lists and playing catch up quite a bit. Since I've been such a slacking blogger, I'm not only going to make an app suggestion this time, but I'm also going to include an iPad trick. First, the app suggestion...

It's called Daily Devotion...

One of the things I love about Roan is that we are not afraid to talk about our amazing God or to request prayers when needed. Every morning before my feet hit the floor, I have been trying to read this particular app's short and sweet daily devotional. None of them are long and they all begin with a verse or verses followed by some thoughts or ideas for you to reflect on throughout the day. Here's an example...



So, if you like the idea of starting your day with a few verses and encouraging words, then this is the app for you. An added bonus...it's free!

Now, for the ipad trick.
Again, many of you technology savvy people probably already know how to do this, but I have just truly mastered it and LOVE this feature! In a previous post, I explained how you could add a frequently used website to your home screen as an app itself. Well, there's another way to quickly access your favorite sites or much needed sites. I have several sites that I pretty much use on a daily basis that I need. Just about every day, I use google, our Sharepoint site, my church's site, etc.

The trick involves adding what's called bookmarks and here's how to create them...

Open your Internet browser (Safari). Then, go to a site that you use/need quite a bit. Click on the icon to the left of the browser box that looks like a rectangle with an arrow in it. Then, choose Add Bookmark. Call it whatever you'd like to call it. For example, I have one called Riverbend coc (my church.) Then, click save. Next to this icon is another icon that looks like an open book. Click on it and you should see your bookmark in the list. It seems as though you can add as many as you'd like. So, if you're doing a lesson that involves several links, you could save them as bookmarks. Then, when you're finished with them, just click the EDIT button next to the word Bookmarks and delete them.

This trick has been very handy for me and I hope you find it useful as well. Happy bookmarking!

No comments:

Post a Comment