Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY apps...

This week's app suggestion is really more of a tip for iPad beginners. I love this tip and use it quite often. So, if you are familiar with it, then great! If it's new to you, then I can hardly wait for you to go and try it!

If you're anything like me, then you probably have a few websites that you wear out just about every day. For example, I "google" at least once or twice a day. I also tend to visit our local newspaper website at least every other day. On the weekends when I'm away from school, I tend to visit our Sharepoint calendar to see what's coming up at school for the next week. Before I learned this tip, I would just open up Safari on my ipad, and type in the address. Now, however, I have my own apps on my home screen for each of the sites I mentioned above. Talk about a time saver! Check out my homescreen...





Here's the tip...open up safari and type in one of the addresses you visit a lot. Let's practice with google. Once you have it open, then touch the little icon at the top of the screen that looks like a box with an arrow in it. Then, simply choose, Add to Homescreen, and watch the magic unfold before your eyes!

I call these apps, DIY (do it yourself) apps. Two great things about these apps...apparently there's no limit, and they're obviously FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment