Friday, January 6, 2012

Pulse...

Welcome to the "app"-ing blog for Roan! I've been trying to figure out a way to share some technology tips with our staff without having to have a meeting.(Who has time for a meeting these days?!) So, I've decided to BLOG about some of these tips. The cool thing about blogging...you can do it on your own time if you even want to do it at all! The blog is called, Happy APP-ing, which is just a cheesy title that I thought we would all remember. My plan is to blog each week for the rest of the school year with a diffferent APP for you to try. Some of you are quite technologically savvy and may already be using the APP that I suggest for that week. However, don't give up on me...keep checking back each week to see if I've suggested a new one for you!

I don't know about you, but I hardly ever get to actually sit down and watch TV these days...I just don't have the time. If I DO have a few minutes to watch TV, I usually choose to watch very important shows like The Bachelor and Whitney. So, needless to say, I usually have to depend on Donna to fill me in on the "news". She's always asking me if I saw such and such on the news or did I hear about this or that on the news last night...

So, today for my first app suggestion, I would like to introduce you to Pulse News.



This app actually makes reading the news kind of fun. You can choose which sites you would like to add to your feed, including your Facebook account. I love the LOOK of this app. There are horizontal scrolls and vertical scrolls that allow you to see more articles from each site and the best part to me, is when you click on one article, it opens up in a side bar. There are no extra windows! If you come across an article you'd like to share, Pulse news syncs with Evernote, Facebook, Twitter and your email. Pulse News is quick, easy and very accessible for all the news in your life you'd like to keep up with! Now I can continue to watch The Bachelor and check out the news at the same time on my iPad...Thanks Pulse News!

I've included a few images of the app, but go and check it out for yourself...The BEST part...IT'S FREE!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this app. It is one stop shopping for all my news and saves me from having 6+ news apps on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete